Section 17-02-04-06of the North Dakota Administrative Rules allows for the practice of needle acupuncture in conjunction with the individual chiropractic license, but, chiropractors may only practice acupuncture if they are certified by the board to do so.
- Minimum 100-hours of training in needle acupuncture sponsored by a council of chiropractic education accredited college of chiropractic.
- After completion of the above training, the chiropractor must submit to the Board an official transcript verifying the hours.
- 2-hours of annual continuing education (to be included as a part of the annual continuing education hour requirement) in acupuncture or acupuncture-related subjects, must be completed.
The Process for Reinstatement if a License Holders Fails to Maintain the Certification:
- If a licenseholder fails to complete the annual continuing education requirement, the licenseholder shall pay an administrative fee of $100.00 and provide proof of required continuing education hours in order to reinstate their ability to perform needle acupuncture.
- If a licenseholder fails to complete the annual continuing education requirement for more the 1-year, but less than 3-years, the licenseholder shall pay the administrative fee of $100.00, plus provide proof of completion of an approved 12-hour recertification seminar.
- If a licenseholder fails to complete the annual continuing education requirement for 3 or more years, the licenseholder must successfully pass the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Acupuncture Examination, or equivalent.